Here’s how to look and act like a professional:
- Dress is business casual attire. [So, many jeans are not appropriate; use your best judgement. Make sure your skirts aren’t too short and your top isn’t too low cut, and your heels aren’t too high!]
- Have a firm hand shake and look people in the eye.
- Smile and say “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” “I appreciate what you said today.” “Thank you for your time.”
- The Portfolio Review session is optional and conducted the second half of the day. If interested, students should bring their portfolios with them, though they may choose to leave them in their vehicles so they do not have to carry them around all day. If you choose to do this, please arrange this with the bus driver!
- This is not a job fair so it is not necessary that you have resumes on hand — but for those of you looking for internships or jobs, have PLENTY of resumes! (30?)
- Many people do bring resumes and tactfully leave them with professionals, ensuring that professionals know there is no obligation to interview.
- Collect business cards and send thank-you notes after the event. This will make a BIG impression on those you continue to network with!