Do this. It really can change your life.
What is it? It’s the KC Ad Club’s annual scholarship. Every year, the Ad Club (formerly AAF-KC) awards several scholarships to top students from a number of different schools. You get $750 per semester, for 2 semesters; a free student Ad Club membership; and more. But — most important — you are awarded a mentor… a working advertising professional who will take you under his/her wings and show you the way of the advertising world. This is invaluable.
- Financial assistance of $750 per semester
- The support and counsel of a mentor from the membership of the KC Ad Club
- One-year membership in the KC Ad Club and national American Advertising Federation
- Invitations to attend all regular program activities of KC Ad Club at no cost while in school (excludes annual American Advertising Awards show)
- All event and other mailings from the KC Ad Club
- Must be a junior (3rd year) in the next fall term. (Seniors in next fall term that are graduating in December of that term are also eligible.)
- Must be enrolled at an eligible university (NWMSU is eligible)
- Must major in something related to advertising, such as: Advertising, Applied Advertising, Digital Media, Marketing, Mass Media, Broadcasting, Public Relations, Communication, Graphic Design, Art, Multimedia Journalism, etc.
- When reviewing applications, the Foundation board considers a variety of factors, including financial need, grades, involvement on campus/the community and passion for the industry. This is not a need-based scholarship, nor is it chosen based on whose grades are the best; it’s based on all these factors, so we encourage all eligible students to apply.
For most of the past 20 years a Northwest student has received either a scholarship or a mentor. Check out our AdCat Hall of Fame, below — ad your name to this list by applying!
All applications must be complete by 11:59 PM on Friday, March 4, 2022.
See this site to begin the application process –– it takes 30 to 60 minutes, but you can stop and start often, so… start now!
If the application page won’t load, see the actual application PDF in AdInk’s Canvas group or email the Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org
AdCat Hall of Fame
|2001/02||No NW recipients.|
|2003/04||Stacy Neibling Fisher, Angela (Bramlage) Snyder (honorary scholarships)|
|2005/06||Kristi (Creason) Sheridan|
|2006/07||Winner: Hannah Bower; Finalists — Hannah Bower & Maggie Zabokrtsky|
|2007/08||Winner: Mallory (Parker) Montgomery (IDM); Hannah Bower’s scholarship was renewed|
|2008/09||Kyle Andrew; Keaton Guess|
|2009/10||Sean Callahan, Kevin Frojd, Katie Pirece — all “finalists” — they receive mentors|
|2010/11||No NW recipients.|
|2012/13||Haley Lewin received a mentorship|
|2013/14||Kelsey Schriver, Adam McNairy|
|2014/15||No NW recipients.|
|2015/16||Kellen Burgess, Jake Mlnarik|
|2016/17||No NW recipients.|
|2017/18||Madison Oberling, Emily Elder, Anne Polland (See announcement.)|
|2018/19||No NW recipients.|
|2019/20||Kia Jones, Allison Binder (See announcement.)|
|2020/21||Gavyn Schott, Mason Arnold, Allison Binder|
|2021/22||Cailey Hartenhoff, Gavyn Schott, Nick Schutts|
|2022/23||Martina Pascuzzo, Didi Idong-Bassey, Kaitlin Graham|