Start the year off with a huge networking [root] beer party at the Pavilion!
Friday, Sept. 13, 2019 3-5 p.m.
Ray Corder Outdoor Pavlion — Next to Houston Performing Arts Building (Where the football tailgate parties happen!)
Everyone is welcome to AdInk’s second huge Hobnob networking event!
Meet Northwest grads who are working in creative jobs that you may want some day! Bearcats will help you — come and meet them and get your networking going.
Root beer and pretzels! Yard games! Free!
2017 — The first AdInk Hobnob!
Extravagant & Schmoozy Hobnob Networking at the Prez’s Crib
March 9, 2017, 4-6 p.m.
These details are here just for record-keeping. The 2019 Hobnob will be different.
This is a special, business-casual event that’s solely focused on current students meeting working graduates.
Why? Who knows… Maybe you’ll learn about a career you never knew existed. Maybe you’ll learn about an internship, or a job… For sure, you’ll meet a LOT of Bearcats who WANT TO HELP YOU!
So, plan to collect a lot of names and business cards. Plan to follow up with LinkedIn connections and thank-you emails and old-fashioned thank-you notes. Plan to meet one or two of these Bearcats in Kansas City or Omaha for coffee.
It’s networking at its greenest!
How to prepare:
- Dress business casual.
- Some sessions are outdoors, wear appropriate clothes for 65 degrees and windy. That means it will be chilly. Dress warm enough. If you’re showing a lot of skin, that’s inappropriate AND you’ll be cold.
- You’ll be given a name tag with your year and major. It also will indicate your 1st session group number and whether or not you’ll be attending the dinner afterward (see below for more details).
- See the schedule for specific session details, but know this: You’ll be going to 3 15-minute sessions that are pre-determined — you’ll have no choice. There will be 2 professionals and about 3-4 students in each session. These 3 sessions are followed by a 4th 35-minute session where you can go to any station you want to meet any professionals that you want to meet.
- Plan ahead who you want to meet! Find them on LinkedIn and check out their company web sites.
- Bring business cards or resumes if you want, but you really don’t have to, and it could just be a pain.
- You’ll be given a small note pad and pen.
- Professionals will give you business cards.
- Arrive at the Gaunt House by 3:57 p.m.
- Help clean up when the event is over.
- Send thank-you emails and notes to as many guests as you can. Show your AdCat appreciation!
This schedule means that there are 3 15-minute sessions, followed by one 35-minute session. The first 3 sessions you must go to your assigned groups. The last session is free for you to meet with whomever you want.
|4:00||4:10||Meet and greet|
|4:10||4:20||Introductions by pros, then go to 1st session|
|5:20||5:55||4th session — last session free for all|
|6:00||6:15||Help cleam up and say thank you|
|6:15||?||Those who signed up, meet at El Maguey*|
*The ONLY students who are going to the dinner at El Maguey are those who signed up. If your name is not on this list, then you didn’t sign up. There is no space left in the reservation for more students. Of course, you can go to El Maguey, but the room we have reserved is full.
Students going to the dinner: B. Peters, B. Aceves, D. Kerr, G. Usera, I. Lacina, J. Breyfogle, K. McLaughlin, S. Laemmli, T. Nicholas
If you’re going to dinner — you will be paying your own way. Please bring money!
Who’ll be at the event? Professionals attending are:
|Cameron Ramaekers||Open Caret||Owner/Web Developer/Web Designer|
|Logan Compton||Consilium Interactive||Search Engine Optimization/Conversion Optimization Specialist|
|Matt Meier||SelectQuote||Online Marketing Analyst|
|Cassie Swanson||SelectQuote||Marketing Communications Coordinator|
|Katie Frutiger||Intouch Solutions||Senior UX Strategist|
|Brooke Chonko||The Sandbox Agency||Director, Digital Influence|
|Kara Huen||VML||Content Administrator|
|Kyle Andrew||Cerner||Sr. Digital Analyst|
|Leslee Manley||Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health||Manager, Marketing & Sales Services|
|Kelsey Chabot||MMGY Global||Social Media Manager|
|Luisa Fernandez||OUTFRONT Media||Marketing and Digital Strategist|
|Jessica Lampson||MMGY Global||Manager, Project Management Office|
|Pam Williams||Rhycom||Director, Media and Client Services|
Students attending are: