Here’s what you need to know if you want to come along on the 2017 Off Broadway Advertising Tour.
* This is a day-long trip to Kansas City to tour advertising agencies and participate in lunch networking.
* Thursday, Feb. 2, 2017.
* The bus will load behind Wells Hall and will leave at exactly 8:00 a.m. Arrive by 7:45.
* The bus will return to Maryville by about 6:00 p.m. The tour schedule is located here.
* Price (includes lunch): $30.
* Each person will be assigned two different groups: a before-lunch group and an after-lunch group; it’s easier to understand if you just click this link –> Groups and their respective agencies are listed here.
* Lunch features a tour of Steel City Media — home of radio stations Mix 93, Country KFKF, KC 102 and Q104. More important, our host will be KC’s own Steve Serrano — a motivational speaker, on-air personality and… BEARCAT!! See more about lunch here.
* If you need a letter for your instructors explaining your absence, you’ll find it here.
* To reserve your seat, attend the Off Broadway meeting, Thursday, Jan. 26, at 4:00, in the Union in Meeting Room A or B. There are likely to be more people who want to go on the tour than there are seats on the bus. So, AdInk conducts a lottery system by pulling names from a hat at this meeting. You must bring your money to the meeting — seats are only reserved with payment. You also should research the groups and choose an appropriate group before the meeting, because you will fill out a form with your name and your group preference at the beginning of the meeting. AdInk cannot guarantee that each person gets his first choice group, as each group has a maximum capacity (ad agencies cannot handle large groups!).
— If you cannot attend this meeting, bring your forms and payment in an envelope to Jacquie Lamer, 234 Wells Hall, BEFORE 3:30 Thursday, Jan.26, or your entry will not make it into the lottery.
— You also may give your form and payment to a friend who will attend the meeting — don’t forget to include your payment!
— If there are still seats remaining after this meeting, you can reserve a seat by bringing your payment to Jacquie Lamer, WH 234. Check the Off Broadway main page for an update on whether or not there are seats available.
• A waiting list will be created for those who that do not receive a seat on the bus. You will be contacted if a seat becomes available. If you are on the waiting list, you only pay if you receive the email notification and go on the bus! The waiting list order is created at the Jan. 26 meeting as a continuation of the lottery process.
• If you get a seat on the bus and then need to cancel, please do so as soon as possible by emailing Jacquie Lamer at jplamer@nwmissouri(dot)edu. Cancellations after Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 4:00 p.m. cannot be reimbursed, as it is not certain we can fill the seat. The expenses related to this trip are covered by the fees paid, which are calculated based on filling the bus.
* Questions? Post them on AdInk’s Facebook page for the quickest response. You can also email these campus accounts: adink@ or jplamer@