Here’s what you need to know if you want to come along on the 2020 Off Broadway Advertising Tour.
* This is a day-long trip to Kansas City to tour advertising agencies. Each student will visit 2 agencies, VMLY&R and either Voltage or Trozzolo. All of these companies have internship and entry-level job opportunities for many different types of jobs: Account Services, Project Management, Social Media, Digital Advertising, SEO, UX, design, videography, content creation, public relations, etc.
* Wednesday, Feb. x, 2020 — TBD
* The bus will load behind Wells Hall and will leave at exactly 8:00 a.m. Arrive by 7:45.
* The bus will return to Maryville by about 6:00 p.m. The tour schedule is located here.
* Price (includes lunch): $30 CASH OR CHECK only — we can no longer accept Bearcat charges. Please bring your money or a check to the sign-up meeting.
* Each person will visit two ad agencies, VMLY&R and either Voltage or Trozzolo.
* Lunch is provided by VMLY&R!
* If you need a letter for your instructors explaining your absence, you’ll find it here.
* To reserve your seat, attend the Off Broadway meeting, Thursday, x, at 4:00, in the Union in Meeting Room A or B. There are likely to be more people who want to go on the tour than there are seats on the bus. So, AdInk conducts a lottery system by pulling names from a hat at this meeting. You must bring your money to the meeting — seats are only reserved with payment.
— If you cannot attend this meeting, bring your forms and payment in an envelope to Jacquie Lamer, 234 Wells Hall, BEFORE 3:30 Thursday, x, or your entry will not make it into the lottery.
— You also may give your form and payment to a friend who will attend the meeting — don’t forget to include your payment!
— If there are still seats remaining after this meeting, you can reserve a seat by bringing your payment to Jacquie Lamer, WH 234. Check the Off Broadway main page for an update on whether or not there are seats available.
• A waiting list will be created for those who that do not receive a seat on the bus. You will be contacted if a seat becomes available. If you are on the waiting list, you only pay if you receive the email notification and go on the bus! The waiting list order is created at the sign-up meeting as a continuation of the lottery process.
• If you get a seat on the bus and then need to cancel, please do so as soon as possible by emailing Jacquie Lamer at jplamer@nwmissouri(dot)edu. Cancellations after Monday, Feb. 4 at 4:00 p.m. cannot be reimbursed, as it is not certain we can fill the seat. The expenses related to this trip are covered by the fees paid, which are calculated based on filling the bus. Please do not stiff AdInk — we have no dues or fees but we do subsidize events that help you network.
* Questions? Post them in AdInk’s Canvas page or AdInk’s Slack group. You can also email these campus accounts: adink@ or jplamer@